So many people ask me how much I practice per day, unfortunately I cannot say this number for certain. Some days it will be constant for hours, while other days I will jump between instruments working on sounds or techniques. The most important thing I can tell you is that learning any instrument is going to take time and patience! That being said, these are my practicing routine tips that I use myself!
- Play Daily – Good or bad, you need to practice daily.
- Listen – If you are struggling on a piece, listen to it online first.
- Play – After “listening”, play again.
- Record – Record yourself playing at the beginning and once you have mastered it.
- Build – Build a practice routine that works for you and your schedule or it won’t work!